7.21.2016

Create Your Own Reality

A beautiful reminder in NoHo
This has been a truly transformative summer for me. I moved back to New York City, started a new job, and lived one of my biggest dreams by attending the Invitational Week of the Rockette Summer Intensive. Every day has felt new and life-altering. I feel like my life is finally aligning with my goals and I'm so excited to wake up each day. It hasn't been all roses, however. Living in New York can be very draining. Life after RSI was hard to adjust to. It's very difficult to spend a solid amount of time completely immersed and invested in something that means so much and then have it all stop. On top of those withdrawals, immediately following RSI, I had a heartbreaking audition experience that shattered my confidence. I spent a couple of days pouting and licking my wounds in the comfort of Netflix and junk food before I realized how harmful that behavior was. Every decision you make creates the reality in which you live. If you don't like it, create a new one. Take the reins to your own life. You will feel so much happier if your life is the result of your actions. Don't stand by and let life happen to you, happen to life and watch the world change! Here's how:


1. PERSISTENCE This is my number one piece of advice. If you have ever met me, I hope your one take-away is that I am a girl that never gives up. One of my goals was to work at lululemon, my favorite activewear company. I applied for that job 18 times over the span of a year. I called stores, talked to managers, and sent in application after application. I grew frustrated, but continued to apply. With the support of my dear friends Cassidy and Nicole, I applied an 18th time. Then I finally got it. What if I had given up after try #17? Pursue what you want with ferocious tenacity. Do not give up. Push until you break through.

2. PATIENCE Good things come to those who wait. Be patient and understanding with life. That audition in July went that way for a reason. It hurt at the time, but now I understand that I was just destined for something else. What's for you will not pass you. (Repeat this to yourself over & over again.)

3. ORGANIZATION Dedicate time to planning out your success. Set deadlines and hold yourself accountable to them. Write detailed plans and hash out step by step exactly how you plan on achieving your goals. Then follow through. If you feel lost, map out how to get to where you want to be. Spend time journaling, organizing your calendar, and preparing for your amazing future. Become familiar with your intentions.

4. SQUAD Surround yourself with people that only lift you higher. It's cheesy, but true. Surround yourself with those who have similar visions and your life will be elevated. Form your posse and stick to them. Lean on them. Together we're better.

5. POSITIVE LANGUAGE This is especially important to those in my industry. Say yes to your own self. You are worthy. Do not let anyone make you feel less than! Compliment yourself. Spread love to others and it will return to you 100 times over. Positivity is infectious. Take charge and stand up for optimism, even when it feels impossible. Especially if it feels impossible. And if you do feel sad, recognize and honor that. Identify the cause and see if it's something you can prevent in the future. Life has natural ups and downs. Revel in the ups; do not be overcome by the downs. Bad days exist to remind us how grateful we should be during the good days. Don't be too hard on yourself. Life will do that anyway. :) 


1 comment:

  1. Lovely tips! I love how you wrote about saying yes to your own self and I could do with practising patience and organisation :D I am often impulsive! Loving your blog, I dream of visiting New York! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete