5.03.2017

New York City FITWeek 2017

Bootcamp & bulldozer smoothies
When I'm not dancing or taking pictures of rainbow food, it's a safe bet that I'm out sweating somewhere. Fitness became my sanctuary last summer after going through tough times. I feel so at home on a bike, doing more push-ups than I ever thought possible, or stabilizing my core on a Pilates reformer. So when I was approached to be an Ambassador of NYC FITWeek this year, I was stoked!

During the fourth annual FITWeek, the New York fitness community will come together to raise money for education. Creator Emily Cook Harris and her team have raised over $16,000 to date! We are supporting She's the First (provides education scholarships and mentorships to girls in low-income countries) and DonorsChoose.org (provides public school teachers with the basic supplies their students need to succeed). Education is a cause close to my heart because so many of my family members work to make an impact for the next generation. When I think about the number of times I took my education for granted, I feel so guilty. There is a world full of children who wish they had essays due and finals to study for. So come sweat with me for a great cause! If you cannot attend, you can always donate via the websites I linked above.

I am proud to be the ambassador for fitBallet, a class that combines the strength and elongation of ballet with high energy circuit training. Ballet and burpees, a dynamic duo! My class is at 7PM on Wednesday, May 10, located at Pearl Studios (every dancer's favorite, right?!). After class we can selfie it up together and enjoy healthy snacks. It's going to be a great time! But if my class isn't your cup of tea, there is a whole week of amazing classes benefiting She's the First and DonorsChoose.org. See the schedule below for more options. Making a difference to a child through fitness is an amazing opportunity and I am honored to be a part of this event.

See you on Wednesday! Let's sweat!

No comments:

Post a Comment