12.27.2015

New Home for New Adventures

As the new year quickly approaches, so does my new adventure. I will be moving to a new home in January (!!) and wanted my blog to have one as well. healthybunhead has been my brainchild for almost two years and after many long hours, she is finally ready. Welcome to the world, my dear!

In January I begin training at Broadway Dance Center through their program called the Professional Semester. I auditioned for this program in Chicago this spring and was accepted that day. The program is targeted at dancers who want to establish their professional career in New York City. I will be taking at least twelve technique classes a week, attending weekly seminars and master classes, participating in mock auditions, and rehearsing for the final showcase. The ProSem has turned out many successful students who have gone on to become Radio City Rockettes, back-up dancers for Beyonce, and tour nationally for several Broadway musicals.

Living and dancing in New York has been my dream as long as I can remember. This is a goal I have been working toward for many years and I can't believe that it will soon be a reality. It is an adventure that I am both excited for and afraid of, but I know that I am ready. Buying a one-way plane ticket to NYC felt like an out-of-body experience, but the countdown is on! I leave January 4th!

This blog will be my home for all things dance, fitness, and my life at large in the Big Apple. I can't wait to share my stories & experiences!


1 comment:

  1. You will be amazing! So happy for you! I can't wait to see where your adventure takes you! Hugs and love! Krista

    ReplyDelete