1.06.2016

Welcome Home

I made it! I am a New Yorker! After spending a day settling into my Brooklyn apartment, I decided to venture into Manhattan for some dancing & sightseeing. I started my day with a class at Broadway Dance Center and ended it with my first official New York-style bagel (verdict: cream cheese OVERLOAD). I was very anxious to take a dance class because I had been out of a studio for so long. My body feels weird after even a week of not dancing; I didn't want to imagine how I would feel after returning from a four-month hiatus.

My precious LaDuca character taps
I would be lying if I said that I had an immediate and happy reunion with my dancing self. I could not balance for the life of me, and my grands battements felt centimeters high. In those 90 minutes I battled to reclaim the dancer I knew was hiding. Eventually she returned and my sigh of relief was so great that it washed away all of the anxiety I felt about being gone for so long. Dance welcomed me back like an old friend. I feel like myself again. 

My program at Broadway Dance Center doesn't start for another week, but I wanted to spend these precious days getting my feet wet so I can start strong. Now that my jitters have been vanquished, I am so excited to be dancing regularly again. There are so many exciting classes I plan on taking in the upcoming week, including a class from the legendary Randy Skinner and a Fosse master class, which is a dream come true for me. This is why I moved to New York! (It definitely wasn't for the bagels.)

The dream, the purpose, the goal! 
I'm so happy that I reconnected with dance in my sparkling new home. I can't wait to throw myself entirely into dancing and learning from incredible artists that I only have the chance to meet here. I am open to growth and ready to change. Let's go!


5 comments:

  1. Yay! Love the new blog! We will have to meet up soon! xo Mara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your first post! Good luck and have fun in the Big Apple-Mrs. G

    ReplyDelete
  3. they were impressed and I had to make another one, fast, so that they could each have one.embroidery machine reviews

    ReplyDelete